Saturday, March 10, 2012

How We Get Babies...

During bedtime, Khalida loves listening to the story of her birth, how she came into this world without the gory details of my C-Sect.  I would always start with.."you know when you came out, the nice nurse brought you to me and said," Here Mummy..say 'Hi' to your beautiful baby.."  That is when she would gasp in delight upon hearing that the nurse called her beautiful. Yeah she is conceited like that!

One night, I was too tired to retell the story for the  trazillionth time.  Instead, I asked her to tell me how she came into my life. She got most of the details right, with a bit of over exaggeration on the part when the nurse claimed her to be beautiful.  She made herself into a fairy princess..nope..it was "the most beautiful fairy princess ever and ever."  Not having been told of how she was conceived..she is a tad too young to know about the birds and the bees ( in our household, it is the birds and the flowers), I tested her by asking " Dedek, how were you made?"  
She replied, " I don't knowlah".  
"Surely you must have come from somewhere!  How did you suddenly come to our family?" I asked.
"Oh......." sounding all too confident. 
"You bought me.  First, you went shopping with Ayah. Then you went to the shop and you saw all the babies.  But you did not like the babies, because right, they were not beautiful.  Then, you walk walk walk..and you saw me"  She stopped awhile and gasped suddenly.  
" Aaaahhhh ..(gasping sound) then you saw me and you said "That is the most beautiful fairy princess".  And then right, you said to the nurse, " I'll take her".  So the nurse took me and bring me to you and said ," Here Mummy..say 'Hi' to your beautiful baby.." 
Then the story continues exactly how I told her with the nurse bathing her, wrapping her in a blanket and brought her to her Dad..yada yada yada.

Iman's side of the story pulak is like this.  I decided one day that I had wanted a baby. A baby girl that is.  So, I went to the hospital and looked through the glass where on the other side were a lot of babies in their small plastic container thingy.  I looked closely and decided that I wanted her.  Straightforward as opposed to her little sister's tale I have to say.  So, I just called out to the nurse and told her that I had chosen her.  The nurse then wrapped her up in a blanket.   Then, her father would take out a silver card from his wallet and give it to the nurse who would charge us for her.  After paying, we were ready to go.  

Qayyum pulak..lagiler simple " You had to have a lot of love and when you had a lot of love, Allah put me in your tummy and then the doctor cut you up."

If it were only that simple!  Pfftt..

10 comments:

The Tea Drinker said...

next time give her this poem and tell her to recite it when u ask where she comes from...

RAS n hubby sitting under a tree,
kay ai es es ai en gee.

and an apple fell on newton,
aha! a law gave link of weight to tonne.

and somewhere along came a fairy,
carrying a baby forever in beauty.


whoa heyyy... i got to more than just that kay ai es es ai en gee part!

and 18below frenly too!

R.A.S said...

That song is nothing like I remeber it, chanting to my friends when I was knee high. HAhahah..you keep those poems till later yeah..the rhythmic syllables is far too long to sound like a rhyme at all! And you know, I imagined you as the Mad Hatter chanting those lines to me! What a thought...

Wan Sharif said...

I am a bit lucky m two children never ask me about it.. By now they probably know more than me ( when I was at their age I mean).. They heard from their aunties that their cousins were bought from mamak jual roti or from Indian buying bottles.. So they thought it was better for them not to know.. Only lately they started to say Abah bought you from the ..
Anyway I guess it is good to tell them at one stage or others..

R.A.S said...

Ayoh Wang, I dread the day when I have to tell them the real truth..I mean, how should I tell my boy when he finally asks..

Wan Sharif said...

To the boys.. Let the man of the house have the honour.. Ha ha ha

R.A.S said...

Yeah.And when that day comes, I will definitely post a picture of En. Amat's blushing face..my hubby is so pemalu..hahahaha...NOT!

Che Sue said...

omg how i miss dis one? heheh i like qayyum version..can i juz swipe a card? or u prefer cash cik nurse?

R.A.S said...

Hahaahah..bertuah kan bebudak nih..gosh!

headbart said...

Ohmy!!'

Qayyum is so matured! Comelnyaaa!!!

And i can imagine Khalida's expression telling her story. haha! Sungguh drama. :)

Iman lagik best! keluar silver card lagi. heheheheheh!!!

R.A.S said...

You should have been there to see all their facial expressions when telling me their side of the story! Q's face was priceless...he was like, "Ewww..Mum..gross" Yes, to him having lotsa love means a lot of hugging and he hates it when his dad and I are hugging each other on the couch! Heheeh