Sunday, August 21, 2011

French Yoghurt Cake

I got this recipe from a French girl named Annelise back in Edinburgh.  We were working as part-time floor executives then.. (cleaner) and she brought this cake for our tea break.  It is a very simple recipe and after 12 years, I found this in one of the boxes when I was cleaning up.  Never made it before so I decided to try it to serve for the breaking of fast.  However, I did not make it but my little girl, Iman did. We made a little adjustments though by adding sliced apple on the top as a garnish.  It turned out perfect! 

NOTE: Use the yoghurt pot as your measuring cup.


Ingredients:
1 pot yoghurt
2 pots sugar
2.5 pots flour
3 eggs
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 pot oil
a dash of salt
1 green apple
2 tbsp Demerara sugar

Method:
  1. Sift the flour, salt and baking powder.  Set aside.
  2. Beat the yogurt and sugar until creamy.  
  3. Add in eggs.
  4. Put in the flour and mix them together.  Add the oil and mix it well.
  5. Pour the mixture into the baking tin.
  6. Bake at 180 degree Celsius until the cake is ready. (My oven took me 1 hr)
For the garnish:
  1. Cut the apple in half and slice both parts.  Thinly or not, it is up to you.
  2. Add the sugar to the apples and mix them well.  
  3. Arrange the sliced apples in your baking tin.  This will become the top part of the cake.
And this..is the princess at work...I am so proud of her!




No comments: