Saturday, May 21, 2011

To Ruwais.

After two days of being entertained in Dubai, the day finally came for me to pave my way to Ruwais, a place I shall call home for the next 10 years of my life..perhaps.  As we departed the region of Dubai, the journey left me with nothing to describe as we went through  what was mostly the desert and barren lands.  Yet, as insipid as it may be for some, I was awed by the vastness of the land that kept on repeating its view throughout the entire journey!  This was my very first time seeing the desert in its physical form as compared to the many millions of times I've viewed it through my computer screen and I can assure you..the feeling is tremendously different.  Masyaallah..God is indeed great!





The sun being our companion
 


It took us three hours to reach Ruwais..at last..after 12  treacherous months of waiting, I have set my sail.  As I was passing under the arch which seemed to be welcoming only me , I was speechless.  It seemed so surreal to me!! I was actually there..breathing the Ruwaisian (duh..is there such a thing) air.  And all this time..looking at the view of this place through my husband's eye, I am seeing and looking at Ruwais with my own.  It may not be Dubai and all its glory, far away from it..it is even more under developed compared to Kerteh, but I can see myself there..and I can see myself enjoying it there but most of all,  I know for sure that the children will have a blast here, and that is more important than having skyscrapers as the view from our balcony.  

The arch as you enter the housing complex

Glenag International School


Welcome!

A view of the playground from our living room.

This is from the masterbedroom.
A morning view...this was at 6 am!!!!

And now, I am getting down to business.  For the next few days, I will be on my feet setting up our apartment.  Alhamdulillah,  God..thank you time and time again for your grace upon our family!

2 comments:

The Tea Drinker said...

have fun with the sandstorm!

R.A.S said...

Tea, the moment I entered the apartment, the sandstorm beat me by days..the entire foyer and one bathroom was engulfed (not really ler..me exaggerating) with tiny bits of sand and it took me hours to clear it all up..boohoohoo..