- 5 eggs
- 1.5 cups of sugar (granulated sugar)
- 2 cups of flour
- 4 cups of coconut cream (the thick one, usually from the first pressing) mixed with pandan juice. (Blend 10 pandan leaves in the coconut cream, then strain the juice and make sure you get 4 cups of liquid.)
- a pinch of salt
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz them together until they have mixed well.
- Strain the batter for lumps.
- In a round metal pan, smear oil all over the inside of it and heat it over a fire.
- When the pan is hot, pour in the mixture and you can hear it sizzle.
- Put it in the oven at 170 celcius for 45 minutes.
- When it is cooked, take it out from the oven and let it cool.
Voila!! It was utterly delicious and my colleagues approved of this first attempt. However, I still need to master the art of pressing coconut milk so that the amount of water I pour in is just enough to produce a nice thick cream. Never thought that this favorite kuih of mine is extremely simple to make. Now I have found a new addiction and forgotten about my previous ones..Handbags..you are welcomed to leave because as of today, I am turning into an avid fan of "resipi kuih Melayu"!