Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Superstition vs Scientific Explanation.

My left eye has been twitching for more than two days and it comes and goes so it does not boggle me a lot only except when I am driving.  
Scientifically, eye twitching is usually a benign muscle twitch that occurs in the eyelids. If you’re experiencing this type of eyelid twitch it can be difficult to determine the cause and proper course of treatment and to find a solution for twitching eyes, we needed to determine the underlying cause of this annoying problem. Called myokymia in doctor lingo, these rippling muscle contractions in an eyelid can be triggered by:
  • Stress
  • Tiredness
  • Eyestrain
  • Caffeine
  • Alcohol
  • Dry eyes
  • Nutritional imbalances
  • Allergies
  • Lack of Sleep
  • Computer Screen

Read more: http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/eye-twitching.htm#ixzz1DTRLhZUO

However, based on word of mouths...(eerie music coming in tune) an eye twitch, ladies and gentlemen, especially when it happens on the left eye is an omen....., so beware dear me for there is evil or sadness or even a bad sign lurking right before your twitching eye..Thus, THOU SHALL SEEK REFUGE IN HIM AND THOU SHALL REMAIN PARANOID UNTIL THY EYE COMES TO A REST....Hah hah hah hah hah..(me doing  a Vincent Price laugh)

Hmm..duuuh...really???  So, should I be SUPER scared or just let the twitching go on its own..Considering the fact that I have spent countless hours on the Net and also losing sleep cutting out yellow, green and light green circles for my class decor, I think I will choose the latter!  It's more calming than the former...

4 comments:

Wan Sharif said...

Still have to read and comment your entry at home.. balik dari carrefour..terus ngadap computer.. then baru remember you have a new entry..
Seems like you do quite a search for
the eye twitching.. it educational to me to say the least..
Here is hoping that you and yours be blessed by Allah's Rahmah and Magfirah always..

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

You are notthe only one who has been having difficulties accessing my site, my dear Amat Apis complain of the same thing. I think it is most probably because I changed the address kot..but my name is easier and shorter to type rather than the previous rumplestiltskin1510..You are one of the many readers I would not like to lose, so I do hope that you are always able to access it be it from anywhere.
Yeah..about the eye-twitching thing, I did some research. You need to know both sides of the picture..not to take in cakap2 orang dulu blindly rite. So, I guess the cause of my eye twitching is because of fatigue with school commencing and loads of things to do. It is already February and the workload keeps on piling..
Thank you Ayoh Wang for the well wishes.

Aishah said...

Yes your research and listing is extensive, and informative. I would rely on those facts before believing in any omen. Plus, we cannot believe in omens, I remember a hadith I learned in school, about tiada something burung hantu terbang malam, tiada something di bulan something..I can't fully remember but it was part of our lesson syllabus. Banyak tahun before your time;)

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Kak Aishah,
Betul tuh...believe in scientific facts rather than any superstition.
By the way, even tho banyak tahun before my time..it still reaches my time those omen thingy..so I guess not that banyak tahun sangatler for you...heheh:)