I have been badgered lately for my Spaghetti sauce recipe after friends got to know of the fact that I would be tendering either my resignation or application for a no pay leave pretty soon. And these people just won't take no for an answer when I tell them that my sauce isn't nothing to die for. But if their palate says mine rocks, then it rocks bebeh!! It is rude I dare say to refuse compliments from those who are sincere in giving it, right? So, I have decided to share the recipe with all of yous out there. It may not be the perfect sauce or any different from others, try it anyways.
Spaghetti Sauce Ala Scarlet
250 gm Ramly minced meat
- Mix the egg into the meat.
- Sautee the meat in olive oil until it is partially cook.
- Turn off the heat and take it out of the pot. Set aside.
1 and a half bulb of holland onion chopped
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 large can of tomato paste
1 jar of Prego tomato sauce
2 cans of chopped tomato
3 stalks of celery chopped
2 carrots chopped finely
2 large bell peppers, smoked and chopped
2 bay leaves
salt, sugar, black pepper, worcester sauce, cinnamon to taste.
- Sautee the onion and garlic in olive oil until it becomes soft.
- Add the tomato paste. Fry it a while until the oil rises.
- Add the celery and carrot. Let it be in the paste.
- Add in 2 cups of water to soften the veggies.
- When the veggies are soft, add in the meat earlier sauteed, the peppers and the Prego sauce.
- Put in half a liter of water, bay leaves and simmer until the liquid reduces to your preference.
- While waiting add the seasoning.
- Finally, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT...When you are about ready to turn off the heat as the sauce is ready, you can then add dashes of dried basil to taste. Make sure this is the final step to retain the taste of basil!!!!
If you make it and people praise you buckets and buckets, make sure you credit it to me, but if they bash you saying it tastes like rubbish, then say that it was your recipe...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
|(pic taken with my late HTC Touch Diamond 2)|