Instant lasagna sheets
Milk (depends on how you want the consistency of the sauce to be)
Butter (quarter of a stick)
Flour (I use half a cup)
Thyme, Nutmeg (ground)
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add in the flour bit by bit, whisking vigorously so as not to make the mixture become lumpy.
- Pour in the milk bit by bit, stirring continuously.
- When the mixture is bubbly, add in thyme, nutmeg and seasoning.
- Place the sheets of lasagna in your Pyrex.
- Then the spaghetti sauce. I would make it a little runny because the sheets are dry.
- Put the bechamel sauce on top.
- Repeat 2 and 3 until you get the number of layers you prefer. I make mine around 4 layers, depending on the height of my dish.
- The top would be the bechamel sauce. Then put the cheese, a GENEROUS amount on top.
- Cover with aluminium foil and bake in the oven at 150 Celsius for 35 minutes.
- Then, take the foil off and bake for another 5 minutes or so, until the cheese become a golden color.
Again, this is the recipe that I have been using which may not be according to the recipe used by the westerners or even close to a chef's quality. If you feel that there is something lacking somewhere, please feel free to comment. It is highly appreciated.