Sunday, November 28, 2010

I gained 4 kilos in 2 weeks!!!!

I gained 4 kilos in just less than two weeks since my hubby came back.  Yeah..yeah blame it on him!  :)
If you were wondering why gaining some 4 kilos is such a big deal for me, you are totally wrong because it is NOT a big deal..it is bigger than big itself.  I know I was NEVER thin but that is not the whole point of fussing about 4 kg.

Well, for a start, with my PCOS, I need to be less than 58 kg for my menstrual  cycle to regulate sans the aid of Duphaston which is a good thing for my body.  It has always been my own theory that too much medicine can be harmful at times although I am not sure about the hormone pills I am taking to induce my period.  I guess it is my own way to find an excuse for not wolfing down those pills.

Secondly,  I am afraid of getting diabetes! Ironically, this does not help to curb my appetite for food lately.  

Thirdly,  when I got married, I was 75 kg and was teased a lot by relatives for being large but today the weight is much less than that..by my standard that is.  So, I definitely do not want to be anywhere near that range as it really made my self-esteem really low, not that it is any higher now but at least I feel better than before.  At least I can share clothes with my son. I really love those Mickey Mouse pj's I bought.

But then, how could you not eat?  It has been 3 months since the kids have had dinner with their father and I do not want to be a killjoy when I choose to eat something else than what I have cooked.  My little ones just love having dinner as a family and eating the same food as everyone else at the table.  Apart from that, I just can't resist the late night snacks prepared by my husband who RARELY cooks for us.  

Then, when I go back to my mam's house, she would prepare all these delicious and mouthwatering dishes like my favorite ikan tenggiri masak lemak cili api, sambal tempe for my hubby, goreng ikan bilis with petai (for hubby again), tauhu sumbat (again for Amat Apis) and all sorts of meat dishes (why are all these Amat Apis' favorite food????).  I just don't have the heart to turn her down by refusing a second plate of rice when she, with her heart problem would cook up a storm for my husband!!!  

My MIL on the other hand is not a fan of cooking.  A simple dish of protein and another dish of veggie is all that it takes to keep the family happy.  But when we are around, she would cook more than usual often using coconut milk which is not something common in her kitchen but knowing how I like my coconut milk, that's a sacrifice on her part.  I know how tough it is for her to prepare all those dishes  so when the table is set, all plates on the table would be filled with rice, can you turn your MIL down? Of course not, especially when she has prepared so much and especially when took her first born child!  You DO want to be in her good book although it requires some sacrifice in the vanity sense, right?

Lastly, I know my rambling today are a bit shaky and lame and some might think that I am just making excuses to say that my weight gain is acceptable..but what the heck. It is 3.30 am, I just came back from holidaying at JB.  Goodnight or more appropriately, good morning.

8 comments:

Wan Sharif said...

Ada masa kena kawal (bersaorangan).. ada masa kurangkan kawalan sementara(bersama ahli keluaraga)..
My uncle said to maintain your weight you only consume half of what you honestly feel like eating..
selama mencuba ptua uncle saya..

Che Sue said...

owh man..thats only 2weeks for u..cant imagine how many KG i will gain when im going back for 28days holiday in msia..*praying&hoping for strength to taichi lauk pauk idaman kalbu*

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Rosfidah, Thats what I call a lightweight....and women ada isi sikit looks good, especially in sarongs, ha ha.
I for one have never appreciated those skinny ones....
And obviously its your black belt cooking and hubby's presence brings on the appetite.
Have fun and keep well, Lee.

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Ayoh Wang,
I like your petua about the kawalan sementara n all. Betul, ada masa, just let go of all restrictions kan. And I shall try your Uncle's petua starting next week when mt Amat Apis is gone...aci tak?

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Che Sue...
Beware!!!!!!! Pasang jampi bagi kurang selera...how can you resist all those mouthwatering food soaked in tonnes and tonnes of oil anf fat?? MMMMmmmmm....the satay, nasi lemak, yong tau foo, rojak, cendol, pisang goreng, nasi goreng, rendang, sambal udang, paru goreng...OMG!!!! I m heading for the gerai now!! Good luck!!

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Uncle Lee.....
I am soooooooooooooooooooooo overjoyed. You are one of those few men who appreciate some jiggles on them bods!!!! Voluptuos body..hahahahah...another term for being ample kan!! You made my day!
Hmm..i will seduce my man in my sarong..lets see the outcome!

Ahmad Hafiz said...

hehehe thats OK yang. I love you the way you are. It is all in the package! As long as you are healthy, I dont give a crack about your weight...

And by the way, I kan menantu kesayangan.. ahhahahhahahah

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Hooooh puuuuhhhhlleeeeeeeeeeaaasee Yang about being the menantu kesayangan..it is only true because you are the ONLY menantu!!!!
I love you too...even more!