Saturday, October 30, 2010

Life Isn't All Beer and Skittles.

Life is too short to turn it into a misery for the small things that people do unto you.  I learnt that the hard way when I let my emotions do all the talking thus leading me to lose a whole lot of good friends!  A woman's liability I would say lies deeply in her mouth.  She can make herself, but most oftenly break herself because of it, no matter whether what she says is meant to be constructive or destructive.  

Now that I am wiser, I hope so, I rarely let the things people say to me or about me wound my heart because I truly believe that what you give out is what you will get back!  And for that matter, it hasn't become a habit of mine to let scathing words scar me to the point where I make enemies out of people.  Undoubtedly, I have made my fair share of mistakes by blurting out when I hear ruthless stories about me or to confide in someone about another person who has dented me or let's jut cut to the chase..go go gossiping..!  Hence, when people do likewise because I have hurt them, I do not see any reason why I should hate them.  Yeah, what they have said hurts, causes me shame, causes me pain but despite all that, there is no point in making enemies out of people whom you say have hurt you because has it ever occured to you that at some point in your life, you may have done just the same?  

Are you any better than the person you loathe, when loathing your adversary only puts you at the same level.  Is it your prerogative to b****h about other people, commenting on their lifestyle, their appearance, their conduct but when it comes to issues about you, people should damn well stay out of your life? How fair is that?  So, you can do unto others but others cannot do unto you...???

That is why I go by a rule of thumb to forgive but never to forget!  I easily forgive nowadays, maybe with age I have mellowed, but not forgetting only means to be more cautious of that person.  Life is too short..too too short to turn it into a misery for the small things that people do unto you.  One final sentence though, just beat the crap out of them when they touch your family!

This is nothing but my plain ramblings for today.

2 comments:

Wan Sharif said...

Pesan Ayoh Wang.. jangan berdemdam OK... Dendam membakar amal baik..dok gitu?

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Ayoh Wang,
Yes, tak nak berdendam because it will not make me a better person! So, i take it as part and parcel of my life. That is what makes the world beautiful.