Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Facing it alone this time...


I brought Khalida to see our trusted paediatrician after I spent a whole sleepless night attending to my munchkin who could not sleep herself due to her coughs.  She has been coughing for a week now but last night was the worst.  The doctor then gave me her options; to give her oral treatment on new rounds of medicine or to have her hospitalized.   I chose the latter; not only that I requested for her medication to be administered through an IV line. 

 
                                                  
Yeah, some may say that I sound like the wickedest wicked witch ever, but I only have her health in my best interest.   Being hospitalized means, I would not have to make late night calls to the emergency ward in Kemaman which is a good 20 minutes of driving in between industrialized lands and lush green forests.. alone.. but most primarily is, if any health scares arise, I have the nurses at close range to attend to this child pronto!  Having an IV line on the other hand, speeds up her recovery process because all the medicine she needs would not be wasted as opposed to giving it to her orally where she is reluctant to swallow it and when she does, she either spits it out or vomits it on me.

 
Now that my dearest husband has resigned from his previous employer, it also means that we have lost a very good medical coverage.  If it weren’t for the plastic money that I have been refusing to part with, I don’t think we could still manage this little piece of luxury of going to a private hospital.  Hahaaa... thank you Babes for picking up the tab!  He seemed so calm when I told him, “Oh Babes, not only that, since the hospital had no more single rooms or double rooms available, I took the VIP room at a whooping RM ***.”  Just imagine if this was some kind of boutique hospital where there is a shopping mall joined to it, would he be as calm had I thrown in a piece of Louis Vuitton to go...?

I still can’t sleep with the nurses doing their rounds coming in every two or three hours to take her temperature, to give her medication or to give her dose on the nebulizer and when they are off somewhere, I still can’t sleep because my little angel starts her coughing which becomes worse after her nebulizer.   Hope this tumultuous period for my daughter ends swiftly...I can’t bear to see her suffering especially when I am facing this alone!

p/s Daddy, if you are reading this, thanks for lending me the laptop and also for bringing me a broadband...
(See ..my old man is very tech savvy!!!)

Thanks to Atuk, who needs a big screen TV when you can have a laptop and Barney all day long.

This is nothing but my plain ramblings for today...

2 comments:

A.I said...

elok la wat camtu. aku sokong, senang masok ubat tu. selesa sungguh wad tu :)

cepat2 sembuh ye sayang..sian kat mummy x dpt nk tido..

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Memang Intan..kalau tidak bg 2 botol ubat pun tak tentu dia sembuh..asyik muntah jer..Aku pun naik hangin!!

Intan, apa guna wad yang selesa kalau jiwa masih lara....