Friday, July 2, 2010

Love my kids..

I love my kids!!! VERY MUCH!! There is nothing in the world that I would not do for my kids, I would even sacrifice my life for them.  Even if I have to sacrifice my own happiness, I would, as long as their happiness is guaranteed. They are a pain in the backside at most times, I cannot deny that fact, and I have to admit that you need to have a tough piece of meat on your bones when handling them.  Still I love them.

For instance, Khalida is easily excited when she sees her Abang Qayyum all up and about.  Even if she just woke up from sleep, she would never turn her Abang down for any kind of games even the ones that require her to be engaged in full motion.  Although she is a girl, but she is most comfortable being around her brother whom I think she idolizes. And the two of them have somehow formed an ally against my number 2.  

This little broccoli should not be underestimated.  She has already reached the fourth tier on my 5 tiered bookcase, and I won't mention her climbing up the grill at the sliding door.  Every single day, as I return home from work, a normal sight I see is her on the grill waving at me.  If she is on the bunk bed (nope, I do not put her there, she managed to climb up) you better beware when you want to bring her down. She would volunteer herself by throwing herself at you! 

Biting, is her way of showing affection..peculiar as it seems..she loves biting when she is extremely happy.  Ironically, Iman is her favorite victim.  She is also a very adamant person knowing what she wants and would stick to it. To her, "no means no" although that is my favorite phrase which all three of them seem to ignore.  If she wants "Baa Baa Black Sheep", you'd better give her Black Sheep.   Just this afternoon, I was mucking with her brains and I sang  Baa Baa Dirty Goat to her dismay.  She went totally ballistic!!!  

Now Iman is a softie, more of a princess and diva all at once.  I caught her watching youtube on how to apply eyeshadow and in her palm, was my newly bought Chanel blusher that she thought could replace eyeshadow.  Clever one!  She loves necklaces, hairbands, hairpins, dresses with ribbons and ties and refuse to wear anything dull in color..her clothes would all have to be cheerful and color co-ordinated with her handbags and slippers unlike me who would go for dull or ..mmm.. earth-toned and wear anything I get ny hands on.  At the age of 3 and a half, she has already worn her first pair of wedges and everything has to be either Hello Kitty or Barbie!  It's good that she is still naive, if not I would be given hell had she known that most of the times I had bought her fake ones.  Come on, I am being none other than realistic and economically wise!  Who would buy a pair of children's wedges priced at RM 35 only to see a pair lost in the drain?   

Other than that, I am lucky that my younger brother is a fashion designer, so we get free dresses CUSTOM MADE by him for my diva princess all to her approval.  Mengada tak?  Thank you Khairi.  She even has this fascination with butterflies too. Since Khairi needs all these accessories to use when he makes his dresses, he would always make butterfly hairpins for this munchkin of mine and she just loves wearing them.  Try observing Iman in the car, you would notice that she checks herself out in the mirror, fixing a strand of  hair that would accidently go out of place..makcik..makcik..and when she passes by children's boutiques, you should look at the smile on her face upon seeing clothes that has caught her attention.

She can be quite a diva especially in the mornings if she feels that she has not had enough sleep.  We would have to carry her to the bathroom for her morning showers as she refuse to walk saying she is tired.  If either Nining or I do not abide to her command, then you can say goodbye to your alarm clock because her voice is pitchy enough to wake the universe when she screams.  She is a picky little one too.  During meals, we have to be extra careful when attending to her.  She DOES NOT LIKE any other food to touch her food.  It has to be separated on the plate.  If she wants them mixed up, she would do it herself, not before she gets it.  The other day we were having a nice dinner time out; I was having steak while she opted for fish.  She asked me to cut her fish and me without thinking used my steak knife to do the deed.  So, there goes one meal untouched.  Food from other plates should not touch her food too!! Haiya.. I can go on and on and on with her 'divaness', but I shall reserve it for my personal amusement.  

However, she is also very hardworking being able to complete one whole coloring activity book in a day.  She just loves to be on her own.  Give her papers, pencils, pencil colors or crayons and there she goes into her own world.  She didn't start to speak even at the age of 2 and a half. I even thought that she was speech impaired. Now, at the age of 4 years and 8 months, she only stops talking when she sleeps.  Well..I think all three of them share this trait.  She loves going to school and will never stop educating herself.  She tries so hard to read on her own and even if she does not know how to pronounce the word, she would never give up.  She hasn't learnt how to read yet..still with basic words with one syllable but I shall let her go in her own time.  She is still a child.

Then, last and definitely never the least, Qayyum..my favorite..son!  Hehehe... Of course he's my favorite son cos he is the only one.  I am just waiting for the day for him to realize that fact. This boy is a winner learning to walk run at only 10 months old and speaking fluently at one and a half.  He picks up languages very easily, so we always have to watch what we say at home.  When he was 3, he was already using words like "definitely", "scorching fire", and his favorite "blazing fire" (in his own pronounciation ler, but still intelligible).  That is why I love bringing my children to school with me every time I have extra classes.  

He loves bugs and creepy crawlies.  You ask him anything about spiders, bees and hornets, he could tell you but if you ask him on his multiplication, "I'm sleepy" would be his answer. Hahahaha...yang ini memang kasi pusing kepala.  He once asked me how did rain happen.  Being only three, I did not want to be too scientific with him.  So I said that it was because the clouds drank too much water from the ponds, drains and lake so it had to go and shee shee, so its shee shee water is the rain that falls on the ground.  Was he impressed...at first yeah, until he knew about evaporation and all a day later.  He would keep on asking questions beyond my field like how does a puffer fish get its poison from, or how do fireflies light themselves up.  He just loves Science..doing experiments on everything and anything.  Once, he had cut the handle of my Coach bag just to see whether leather is durable. 

Computer games are his kind of thing and the fact that his father entertains him on this one does not help my parenting him.  The two of them are sparring partners exchanging new found theories on developing the land, gaining more power, how to recruit more army etc etc etc.  Yeah..they play this boring game called 'Dark Crusade: Dawn of War".    I told him to play Pacman but he gave me an unamused look.  So..wokey..that is beyond my jurisdiction. 

Climbing up the wall..literally..is also his favorite.  He would ask his father to hold him  in front of a wall while he tries to climb up to the ceiling.  He never asks me because standing at 4'10'' he could barely make quarterway.  He used to think that his father's tummy was a trampoline jumping on it every chance he could.  My sofa has become a another jumping platform and that is why I keep on using it even if is is 10 years old and squishy. ( My husband should be grateful on this one as I never pester him to change the sofa even when Hari Raya is just around the corner)  Now, under his coaching and strict guidance, the other 2 have followed in on his footsteps pretending to be kites, or a paraglide jumping from the windowsill to the couch on to the floor which they three have cleverly covered with futons and my cushiony oversized pillows.  This boy does not sit still!!

Hectic..is how I would define my life when it comes to handling this bunch.   A plethora of personalities coming from something so small and fragile.  Most of the times, I am amazed with what I have created out of love and there, God's greatness becomes extremely apparent.   They may not be perfect children by other people's standard, but isn't it all subject to personal opinion?  In my eyes, I could have never asked for more!!

Qayyum, Iman and Khalida...you are rest assured that I will always protect you and do anything for your best interest...simply because you guys are mine..

With deepest love, Ibu/Mother/Mum.

4 comments:

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Rosfida, great looking kids you have, really adorable.
Maybe about time to give a new sister or brother, make it a foursome, more fun. As well readymade babysitters too, ha ha.

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
And what is a home without children? Quiet.
You have fun and keep well, Lee.

Wan Sharif said...

Salam Rosfida,
Agreed with Uncle Lee on all fronts..
Muga muga kita tak terlalu manjakan mereka dan menjadikan mereka terlalu dependent on us.. parent.
kita berusaha.. selebihnya bertawakkal lah

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Uncle Lee,
Yes, they are great looking me because they take after ME of course...heheheh...Indeed, quiet is the house when they are not around. And yes, while I teach them about life, they in return, teach me how to live.

En Wan,
I try not too pamper them too much..I try..Bringing up a child is no easy thing. If only there was a manual on parenting..I wished..
Insya-allah, my prayers are that God guides me to do the very best I can in teaching them.

A.I said...

ha..tu dia! memacam kerenah anak2 kan? memasing ada karektor sendiri :)