Thursday, June 3, 2010

Giving them a break...

Today is the last day of school for this semester at least.  Last days never fail to make me teary and all mushy inside because I hate parting with my 'children'.  Yeah, although they annoy me to the core, still, they are my 'children'.

I only had two hours today and being the last day, these hooligans (I say this lovingly) are already hyped up to end their semester and since they had just finished their last paper for the mid term exam, I decided to give them an early break. Today's class turned out to be filled with tons of entertainment that tickled me to my bones.  Just imagine me playing the games they do and having hordes of students from other classes whom were all watching me.  And the best bit is, I lost in the game of ..hmm..actually, I don't even know what the game is called! Funny to see them all cheering when I admitted my defeat and one had to say, " Teacher..you actually lost??" which dented my ego..come on..a 17 year-old looking teacher who is actually a thirty something gal lost to a 14 year-old boy..how bad would that look on you? But I was quick to reply to save my own face " Well, just giving you the chance to beat me. I don't like to pick on someone who is not my own size.." But I guess they knew my retort was to conceal my broken ego..hehehe.


As you can see, my territory is the one in red inked pen. I lost big time!!!

Then, Hizabudin, decided to perform some card tricks for me much to the amusement of the other students too. So, teachers of other classes, I have to say that when your students were playing truant, they were in my class...coz I was hot today!! Here, enjoy Hizabudin's show.



And another one..by my Form 4P student.



Lovely, isn't this. To see what they are best at doing to compensate for what they lack somewhere else. Another 14 more days till I get to see these students again, but beware my children , no more fooling around because I'll be bringing my cane to wallop you kids for failing the exam!!! Hehehe.

This is my plain ramblings for today.

7 comments:

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Ayo...my vid tak keluar lah..

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

SUCCESS..Cheers to Alang, the nerd.

Wan Sharif said...

Salam Ms Rosfida,
It is easier to teach them when they treat you as friend, or better still as good friend...kekadang kena guna stick kekadang carrots.. but if you can polished up their strengths to rejuvenate their interest in learning, that would be a reward in itself..non?! Calling them nerd for one is not going to help their self confidence..OOPS! gurau ajer

Anonymous said...

Fida, found your blog. Bold-my description of you. It's okay as long as you are within boundaries okay Adik..

Kak Nell.

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

En. Wan,
I think you have misunderstood me. The 'nerd' I was referring to was not my student but Alang, my elder brother because he is some sort of techno geek cum literature encyclopedia cum a walking every kinds of books. It was after I called him that I managed to post my video.
Sorry, I may have misled you. But ...thanks for the advice..at least it shows your concern over my misconducts. :)

Kak Nell- Glad you finally came! I will keep in mind ur words of caution..

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Rosfida, I can see you are a dedicated teacher.....and who knows one of your students might become a Prime Minister one day.
For me, all my teachers, especially the women never liked me in school.
I guess they never appreciated about seeing snakes, iguanas, leeches in class. And me being the usual suspect.

The task of the excellent teacher is to stimulate "apparently ordinary" students to unusual effort.
The tough problem is not in identifying winners. it is in making winners out of ordinary students.

You relax, get your batteries recharged then when school reopens, stand and face 'your kids' with your hands on your hips, eye in a small squint and say, 'go ahead, make my day'.
Have fun and keep a song in your heart, lee.

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Uncle Lee,
Glad you dropped by. Hmm...if you were my student bringing all those species to class..I'd sure pick a fight on you!!!! Expell that Boy!!! Expell that boy..