Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hate to go back to work..

Today is officially the last day of my week off, well..the way I had put that made it seemed like  I was on a holiday.  Come Sunday, I will resume my task as a working Mum and an English teacher to a handful of rowdy, mind-wrecking,  humorous and sweet students.

It has been almost a month that I haven't stepped foot in school beginning with Khalida's surgery, then another week post-operation and lastly, this whole week attending to her who has been down with ILI and bronchiolitis. What makes me hate going back to work is not the impending tasks to gobble me down but the fact that I would no more be there for my kids as much as I have been recently.  I enjoy very much the hectic life of mommy-hood; cooking in the morning, sending child number 1 to school, fetching child number 2 from school, force feeding child number 3 with a whole load of medicine (if only medicine were used to force feed ducks, guess Khalida would be a candidate for foie gras then..) then sending the first 2 for Koranic classes etc etc..The most noticeable difference with me being around at home is that they seem much happier and I am more attentive to the stories they need to tell  me and I spend more time assisting them through homework because previously, I would pretend to listen as I was hectic from school and thinking of what to teach during the night classes.  

Now, come Sunday, it will all return to norm and that is why I hate to go back to work..

Who would want to leave this bunch for work????

This is nothing but my plain ramblings for today..

4 comments:

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Rosfida, you just take it easy, and remember....thru your hands, teachings, someday a kid will remember you....when he or she becomes a Minister or Prime Minister.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.
The great teacher inspires.
The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes, and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself.

A teacher's purpose is not to create students in his own image, but to develop students who can create their own image.
What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.

You have fun and see to it your kids or 'terrors' are and will be ready to face the World.
Have a great week, and keep a song in your heart, Lee.

Doria Robert Kawen said...

be strong friend..at least u get to send and pick them from school..in my case...hmmph..I myself hv to drive to sch as early as 540am and come home around 5pm almost every day!
just cant wait for the holiday to come,kan...really need the rest!

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Thank you Uncle Lee..words that could inspire almost anyone. Yes, I believe that what I portray myself to be is education in its own rite. Its for the students to judge whether I made a mark in them regardless of how often I am by their side..it is the impact of that single lesson that counts..Hope I get to be that great teacher.

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Doria, yeah...you need a break. Being a teacher is actually a 24 hour job..even when you are asleep, all you can think of are the lessons for tomorrow.
You be strong too dear.