Monday, April 26, 2010

I shall be a migrant..

My husband tendered his resignation to be employed in the middle east.  Not many of my friends know of this yet, to avoid from being bombarded with questions that seem to cross the line especially when they ask how much he would be earning? As if I know!!!  However, I shall tell you one thing here that isn't private at all.  He will be migrating to Al-Ruwais, a small fishing area turned into a petrochemical industry, about 240 km from Abu Dhabi while I will remain here as a teacher in the goverment services until we settle certain issues there like schools, hospitals, accommodation, etc. 

I am speechless at the thought of him leaving a secured job with an established company but my greatest trepidation is what my career plans are.  You see, as a government servant, I am not in the luxury to take unpaid leaves to follow my husband abroad if he is not employed by a government listed company which in our case means, either I get pregnant (hell NO...NOT YET!!!) and apply for a 5 year unpaid leave to care for my newborn or simply resign.  Definitely, I will not get myself pregnant just for this, I would like my baby to be conceived out of love and because we wanted it for sincere reasons while the latter  has crossed my mind several times to my father's objection.  Eventually, I hope, I will be given some guide on which path I shall take..a child needs a father at his side, I need my job for security, a husband needs a wife for sooooooooooo many things, I need a husband for sooooooooooo many things too ;) 

Predicaments..predicaments..


"TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;        5
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,"

Are we seriously leaving Petronas for this????
(Picture Source: Google Images)

3 comments:

A.I said...

hubby kau pon petronas gak ye? abg aku pon penah dok kat abu dhabi for several years (petronas). bini ngajar kt melaka. tak ikot. tp abg aku kerap blk sni..tp ms abg aku based kat wales, mmg dowang anak branak folow..

so, mmg kompom ke laki kau nk tender resign tu wei? huhuhu

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Intan, laki aku dah tender dah pun..jadi Pak Sheikh ler dia..

Che Sue said...

eh takley ek CTG ikut suami even not listed under gov? hurmm tak baca abih lakk pekeliling tu..