Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Being a housewife...

It's been exactly 8 days today since I last went to work.  After Khalida's surgery, I decided to take a no pay leave until I am pretty satisfied that I could leave her to be tended  by my helper. 

Khalida, like me,  has eczema but hers is worse than mine as what she is allergic to can pretty much be said, almost everything!  When I had a c-sect to deliver Iman, my wound did not heal as it did with Qayyum's delivery.  The stitches did not dissolve as it should have, resulting it to be infected and puss was coming out, this was also the case with Khalida's delivery.  My body could not accept the thread used for stitching. So, using that as an excuse or 'precaution' in my terms, I took a whole week off to observe her wound.  Well, nothing went bad..she recovered almost immediately showing no sign of unbearable pain at all,  ( not that I wanted her too)  but just  as I have expected, the thread did not dissolve like it was supposed to and due to this, you can see a single line of thread jutting out from her chest.  The only soothing thing about it is, there isn't any form of liquid coming out.  What tires me is that I have to patch the wound sometimes twice a day because she would always  take the patch off so those tiny fingers of her could start scratching it.

Some may think that since I have a helper, much of my time is spent on myself during this once in a blue moon affair of not coming to work.  Not exactly!  Khalida has become very attached to me and she can't stand a single second on her own without me around.  I guess she knows that mums not working to take care of her.  Everything that she needs or wants has to be to be given by me and not her "Mbak".  She refuses anyone else to change her, bathe her or feed her while I am around, I have nothing against it, in fact I quite like this whole idea of not working to be at home for my kids.  It is such a pleasure just watching her wake up, bathing her in the morning, making breakfast,  which I rarely have the opportunity to do for the past few years.  Qayyum, on the other hand, being an opportunist hasn't let me get off the hook easily too having his own set of demands for me to fulfill.  Iman, the princess, asks for me to fetch her from school everyday before I go to the doctor's for Khalida's dressing and she just enjoys the car ride on her way home talking continuously or more precisely endlessly! Yeah, I think I can get used to being a housewife although I am always on the go trying to make everything be on time even though at the end of the day,I am gasping for air.

Between cooking and being Qayyum's personal chef, ferrying the kids here and there and earning some RM as a teacher, hands down..I would choose being a free chauffeur and personal chef to my kids...anytime!!!!


This is nothing but my plain ramblings for today.

6 comments:

A.I said...

Tetiba dari cikgu, kau jadi puan doktor kt umah ;) semoga anak kau cepat sembuh k...

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Hahaha...haah...best sioott!!! Mengangkang kat rumah, mombosarkan badan .

Martin Wiles said...

damn you lead a challenging life. be strong. my daughter got bitten by a dog on her face, 36 stitches. harrowing. so i can feel your pain and anguish. least they r ok now. ;-)

Martin Wiles said...

by the way, that's me, audrey.. forgot i signed in using my hubby's account. ;-)

Doria Robert Kawen said...

geez...hope everything will be fine.I know u r in a difficult situation..with Khalida's condition and also letting Apis go to UAE..never mind,fren..setiap benda yg berlaku ada hikmah di sebaliknya...bersabar ye..

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Audrey..I am shocked to hear that Pwinches of yours got bitten..I did not know!!!! Hope she is okay..more than okay!! Thanks for the wishes..and you sure buat buntu I kembang for a while..hebat sangat ker I nih sampai orang putih baca blog I..rupa2nyer u..

Doria- Thank you.