Monday, November 9, 2009

Rain, rain...do not go away!

It is that time of year already when the picturesque surroundings are blanketed by the dark and loomy mist and loses its sense of tranquility and when you would normally hear the chirpings of the birds flaunting their freedom, it is now replaced with the sounds of rain like a bagful of coins falling into a heap.


I absolutely love the rainy season because it somehow quietens any busy days, everyone seems depressed and you get to prolong the lurking deadlines just because people are not in the mood. But apart from getting away with my procastination, I simply love the rainy season because I get to run away from the world and lose touch of myself just by staring at the outside, looking deep into the wide open space and to detach yourself from being a part of the world that goes by is a treat in its own rite.


It is raining right now and the pitter patter of rain drops against my windowsill is completly alluring that I cannot resist  the temptation of having that long deserved rest. Hence, I better be on my way to bed, while it is still raining and the weather is just suitable for a long..long slumber! ZZZzzzzzz...

5 comments:

toughcookie said...

hey... it's too early to go to bed!! ;P

i love the rain too... i totally love the rain cos it cools the environment and i can sleep tonight without the aircond on :) but i especially love it probably due to the tranquillity it brings - the sound of rain drops, the misty view on my windows, that serene gloomy backdrop of my surroundings... it's just lovely.

Erni said...

It's November rain Fida!!!! I love it too. It flash me back to all those time/ memories that I ever had in my life. Glad to know that you are Rosfida Abu Sufi, one of my primary school friends in SKSTB. You were joining our class (4 Teratai) in 1987 after you went back from Canada. You, me and Syatri (arwah) used to be good friends during that time.
Not sure whether you still remember me...but I've seen your pictures in Abg Khairul's blog. Well, I would say that I was shocked at first but at the same time I'm happy to see both of you again...(wonder how abg khairul become soooooo chubby??? he..he..he..)

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

OMG..Erni.You used to share your lunch with me. Even when I wanted to buy my own, you insisted I share your lunch! Good to connect with you again!

Erni said...

Glad to know that you are still remember me eventhough it was about 22 years ago. Yup.. we used to be together during our rest time and infact since the first day you joined our class. During that time people keep talking about you but I just ignored them. As for me there's nothing wrong for being a friend to a newcomer. Syatri also one of our newcomer before you joined us. I have no idea how me and syatri became such a good friend that time because we used to compete each other...Fida, I do remember and miss him sometime..eventhough he is no longer with us...Al-Fatihah..

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Erni, yes, you were a very good friend to me before we went our seperate ways being in different classes in Secondary school. I've been called so many things, Mat Saleh Celuplah, faking my accent when I spoke in Englishlah, and recently being called a backstabber by a probable backstabber himself/herself. Yeah, our classmates used to say things about me because I couldn't speak Bahasa well at that time and the boys were interested to be my friends because I was good in English. You were the only one who offered your hand in friendship!! Of course I remember you, all the time in my heart. Glad to reconnect. Please leave me an e-mail add or phone number where I can reach you.