Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another child hospitalized...

Hospitals..bah..humbug! Name me one in Kuantan that I have never slept in for at least 2 nights and I dare bet 1 gazillion bucks that you won't find it!


Qayyum as a child has made hospitals his home being admitted for the first time at 8 months old and only recently I think that his body and hands have gotten tired of the hospital beds or of being poked and pricked about by needles and stuffs.  However, I thought Qayyum's condition was the worst until I gave birth to Khalida who became the champion in the family for being hospitalized at the tender age of 30 days for her bronchitis. Ever since that first admission, I think she has taken a fancy in her brother's footsteps and now hospitals are her second home.  Out of my three children, Iman, my second is by far the healthiest among the three.  But today, she has contributed to my collection of hospital paraphernalia because today, for the first time ever, she ended the vacation I had away from hospitals with that single pink band attached around her wrist.


My poor Iman was referred to the hospital by our local GP for having a high fever that reached 40 degree Celsius and also for constant vomitting.    So, off my hubby and I brought her to Kuantan to see our trusted paediatrician.  She was first examined by a medical officer who suspected her of having food poisoning because I mentioned that along the way, she complained of having stomach pains.  To my horror, I remembered that Qayyum woke up at 3am just this morning  to vomit his entire guts out which made me vomit my guts out too because of the smell.  But what horrified me even more was the fact that they both had pizza for dinner , THE pizza I made with my own bare hands. And with that detrimental information, Iman was confirmed to be admitted where they would perform several blood tests on her.  Gosh, not only am I the biggest backstabber,  I am also keen on poisoning my children now!!  What a horrid human being I must be!


Now, here I am again, accompanying yet another child in this whole hospital saga of mine.  I am not complaining though..just letting out a little sigh.  Friends and readers, please hope that she recovers soon.  Insya-allah.

6 comments:

fiza said...

Dear Fida,
hope khalida will be better soon. & u take care too, k...;)

Doria Robert Kawen said...

oh dear..hopefully Iman will get better sooner..
i hope it's not food poisoning..and my dear, you are NOT poisoning ur children..you are a good mother!

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Thanks, friends.

Audrey Wiles said...

hey you're too hard on yourself. shit happens, build a bridge n get over it. it's no one's fault. we just need to be extra careful at all times and hope for the best. kisses to the kiddos.. hahahaha.. didnt expect u to hv so many kids since u seem to hv had very shocking motherhood experiences n feelings. hahaha.. good on u, plod on girl...

ps/.. hv u found out who anonymous is? at least u know eh! cant please em all!

Fely said...

Scarlet, if you and your hubby had the same food and you're ok, then it's not food poisoning. Don't be too hard on yourself. It's weird though, that she reacyed like that. I'd look into food allergy first. Hope she's better now. Hugs and kisses xxx

Rosfida Abu Sufi said...

Thanks Fely..I will check into that. The blood test results came in and it said that she had an infection..ntahler..i will be more careful next time though. Thanks though